Senior Research Associate
Senior Research Associate
Pelican Therapeutics, a subsidiary of Heat Biologics, Inc. (HTBX), is focused on the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient’s own immune system to eradicate cancer cells. We believe our immunotherapy is a market-redefining approach to the treatment of cancer. We are an innovative and growing company with an energetic and accomplished team.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual at the Senior Research Associate level for a full-time position. The position will be based in San Antonio, Texas and will report directly to the Director, Analytical Development. The Senior Research Associate will work with the laboratory team to implement research programs conducted at Pelican Therapeutics.
The Senior Research Associate will primarily be involved in the execution of experimental protocols, performing data analysis and generating assay reports under Good Laboratory Practices (GLP). It is expected that up to 75% of the employee’s time will be spent at the bench. The employee will also be involved supporting analytical activities for the CMC team and releasing clinical lots.
The ideal candidate must be organized, self-motivated, and thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic biotech environment. She/he must be versatile and adapt to rapid change with a strong desire to make a significant impact.
Relocation assistance will not be provided.
- Responsible for executing experimental protocols using SOPs and performing data analysis. This includes, but not limited to, experiments using molecular techniques, probe-based qPCR, cell culture, cell-based assays, ELISA, flow cytometry, and protein analysis, via western blot
- Needs to work in a QC environment.
- Adheres to Good laboratory Practices (GLP). Makes detailed observations and carries out data analysis; translating these observations into cohesive notebook entries as per and technical reports.
- Understands experimental rationale and conducts troubleshooting analysis..
- Adheres to laboratory’s quality control polices, document quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and all maintenance performed.
- Assures proper labeling, handling, and storage of all chemicals used in the area; assures proper labeling and disposition of hazardous waste in satellite areas; adheres to all safety requirements and follows safe procedures, and attends all required safety and health training, including handling hazardous waste.
- Participates in all applicable safety sessions.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned and directed by the supervisor.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree required in a related scientific field (Microbiology, Immunology, Biochemistry, or Molecular biology preferred).
- 4 years laboratory experience in Research or Biotech/Biopharmaceutical industry which includes 2 years of experience in Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
- Experience with all the following laboratory methods: Mammalian cell culture, Transfection and single cell cloning, Cell based assays, Immunoassays, Molecular cloning and related techniques, probe-based qPCR, SDS PAGE, Western Blotting, ELISPOT, and ELISA.
- Multiparameter flow cytometry experience is preferred.
- Density gradient centrifugation of whole human blood for PBMC isolation is preferred.
- Detail oriented with an ability to accurately record data.
- Ability to effectively multi-task to advance various ongoing projects.
- Good written and verbal communication and interpersonal communication skills to effectively interact with peers and associates within and outside the company.
Required work authorization: Candidate must be a United States citizen or have United States permanent resident status (Green Card)
Location: San Antonio, TX
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package as well as an environment where the candidates’ contribution can lead to significant professional gain.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.